9.03.2010

Yay for sweet potato wedges!


Summer has not even come close to an end here in hurricane season Miami, yet i am eating sweet potatoes. And you know what, it's so good. I usually associate sweet potatoes with fall and winter, but since I keep getting them in my Farm Fresh Miami bag, I keep enjoying them. And really, what time of year isn't good for sweet potato wedges. They're easy to make, are so delicious, work as a side dish for almost any meal, and is also great as a movie time snack. Something I have been enjoying more and more of since the non stop rain has been keeping us indoors.


.................................................................................................................................
Sweet Potato Wedges
2-3 sweet potatoes
Drizzle of olive oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbs Herb De Provence *

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut your sweet potatoes in half, and then cut each half into eight wedge shaped pieces.
Lay out the wedges in a prepared baking pan, lined with aluminum foil.
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Herb De Provence, and stir the sweet potatoes to make sure they have all been coated with the oil.
Arrange the wedges so that they do not over lap, and bake for 35-45 minutes. They are done when cooked through, and slightly browned.
Allow to cool, and put in a napkin lined bowl. Eat with your condiment of choice. I like ketchup and homemade mayonnaise, but i think a smoked paprika mayo would be really good with this. I think I will try that next time. Enjoy!




**Or any spice you feel like, I have made them with red pepper flakes, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, etc.